Tooth Crown Lacey
A tooth crown is a cap that is placed over the entire visible portion of the tooth, encasing and covering the entire tooth to improve its size, strength, shape, appearance and functionality. If you think you might be in need of a tooth crown, Stillwater Dental Wellness Center is here to help.
Tooth crowns provide a variety of benefits.
Crowns are common, and the dental procedure is something we do frequently here at our dentist office in Lacey. There are many reasons why someone might be in need of a crown. Here are some that we commonly see:
- To protect a tooth that is fragile, which could result from a number of conditions and symptoms, such as tooth decay. A weak tooth could break or crack, and dental crowns can help prevent that from happening or avoid worse situations for a tooth that is already cracked or broken.
- To restore an extremely worn-down tooth, and hold it in place.
- To provide further support for a tooth with a very large filling that has taken up most of the tooth. Tooth crowns also work as a means to improve the appearance.
- To help support and hold in place a dental bridge.
- To beautify a tooth that is severely yellowed or discolored from decay, fillings, or other conditions or past procedures.
- To cover up a dental implant and provide support and a better overall appearance of your teeth.
- To modify cosmetic flaws, such as chips, cracks, breaks, decay, discoloring, and more.
- To save a baby tooth that is severely decayed, damaged, or filled to the point that is has become extremely weak or unusable.
- To protect the baby teeth of a child who has a hard time keeping up with their dental hygiene routine. Tooth crowns can lessen the chance of decay and damage for someone who is at high risk of those things.
- The procedure of installing a tooth crown also has the benefit of requiring less frequent anesthesia. This is great for people whose age, behavior, medical history, or any other factors, prevent them from being able to fully participate in regular dental work.
Why Choose Stillwater Dental Wellness Center for your tooth crown?
Several types of crowns are available, and there are many options in terms of the materials used for your tooth crown, including steel, metal, porcelain, resin, or ceramic. When incorporated, each of these materials have different levels of functionality and appearance. The most common restoration is fabricated using a metal lining covered with porcelain. These types of crowns are used because they are not expensive and easy to place in the mouth. But the downside is that they appear opaque because they do not let light pass through as a natural tooth does. There is often a visible dark or gray line from the metal next to the gum-line. We provide exclusively all porcelain-bonded restorations to diminish this factor and provide the best appearance. When properly placed, they are strong and have the natural appearance of a real tooth.
Contact us today!
We look forward to providing you with the best in local dental care. Call or contact us today and discover a reason to smile at Stillwater Dental Wellness Center.