Get dental veneers in Olympia!
Discoloration and the lightening of enamel are an inevitable affect of time. Veneers offer a smooth, polished solution to this and many other cosmetic dental concerns. Stillwater Dental Wellness Center provides custom veneers to give you bright, white, uniform teeth to improve your smile.
What are porcelain veneers?
Veneers are a thin layer of porcelain or composite resin customized and bonded to the front of natural teeth. They look natural and are able to improve the color, size, shape and length of the natural teeth.
Veneers are an instant way to both whiten teeth as well as correct other uniformity concerns. Teeth that have deep-down staining or have discoloration due to damage are immediately improved with veneers. Additionally, veneers resist staining, so the whitened appearance will last, even for people who smoke and/or drink a lot of coffee—common causes of staining.
What are the benefits of veneers?
- Improve minor imperfections to shape, length, and color
- Hold up over time
- Require minimal alteration to the anchor teeth
- Low-maintenance, they do not require anything beyond the recommended brushing and flossing
- Stain resistant
- Fast way to correct your smile
- Whiten teeth that are stained too deeply for other whitening methods
Are veneers permanent?
Veneers require less alteration of the natural tooth they are anchored to than crowns. For this reason, they are a preferred option when the imperfection being corrected is minor. Dr. Telloian custom designs veneers for a perfect fit. He will first temporarily fix the veneers to your teeth, and then, after checking to see if any adjustments are needed, will permanently bond them in place for a long-lasting, natural way to improve your smile. Veneers typically last seven to twenty years depending on what material they are made out of.
What is the veneer procedure process?
- First we’ll evaluate your dental health and create a treatment plan. This will allow our dentist to work directly with you. We will identify what you want to correct and determine if veneers are the best way to accomplish it. We will answer any questions you have in full and address any concerns at this time.
- Preparation for your porcelain veneers. Veneers are applied directly to the tooth, but your teeth must be prepared first. Less than a half of a millimeter of each tooth to have a veneer applied will be buffed away. This ensures a uniform fit and strong adhesion. We will then mold your mouth and send it out for fabrication. Temporary veneers will be affixed while we wait for your permanent veneers to arrive.
- Once your veneers arrive we’ll schedule an appointment for application. This typically takes two hours or so. A test veneer will be temporarily applied to test color matching. Once this is done, we clean your teeth, apply bonding cement, and affix the veneers. A special light is used to quickly and completely harden the bonding cement.
Contact us to schedule your veneer consultation today!
Call today to schedule your consultation for veneers in Olympia and let us create a smile that will bring you confidence!